Updated on 11 January 2022.
Important Announcement: Changes effective from 11 January 2022 for travel to Thailand
1) The “Test and Go” scheme to enter Thailand will remain suspended at least until 31 January 2022. Applicants who have received their Thailand Pass QR Code before 22 December 2021 can continue to enter Thailand under the scheme they have registered until further notice.
2) The “Sandbox” scheme is now expanded to cover to cover Phuket, Krabi, Phang-Nga, and Surat Thani (only Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, and Ko Tao).
3) Travelers departing from African countries can now enter Thailand under the Sandbox scheme from 11 January 2022. The quarantine period for those travelers under the Alternative Quarantine scheme is reduced from 14 days to 7 days for vaccinated persons and 10 days for unvaccinated travelers.
4) Travelers who register for Thailand Pass after 22 December 2021 has to pay for 2 PCR tests.
5) Travelers who have been previously approved to enter Thailand under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) Scheme but wish to change to another scheme must re-register on Thailand Pass.
Use below Self-help tool to check the best option to travel to Thailand from Maldives effective from 22 December 2021 on tourist visa (including exempted tourist visa).
Disclaimer: Below tool and this website provides information about requirements and procedures applicable for you to travel from MALDIVES to Thailand. If your country of travel origin is not Maldives, then you should not rely on the information provided by the tool as it may be irrelevant or there may be additional conditions and requirements that apply. By using the tool below you agree that you understand aforementioned, and that the information provided by the tool is based on information you submit . Furthermore, the information provided is current as of the date on which this page was updated.