Thailand is a popular business destination and second largest economy in Southeast Asia after Indonesia. It is an upper middle income country with an open, export-orientated economy, as export accounts for around half of its GDP. The Kingdom is strategically located to serve markets in Southeast Asia, India and China. It is also a WTO member and has free trade agreements with China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand.
More information on doing business in Thailand can be found in the following sections.
The Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP) is part of Ministry of Commerce, Royal Thai Government that helps to develop international markets for Thai products and services. DITP's mission is to foster the development of the competitive capabilities of Thai businesses by organizing activities that create opportunities to increase trade activities internationally. The services of the DITP's office in Chennai, India are extended to 5 states in Southern part of India along the east coast which is Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha and Chhattisgarh including Sri Lanka and Maldives. Contact Information Thai Trade Center, Commercial Section, Royal Thai Consulate General, Chennai, India Telephone: +91 44 4218 8514 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Messenger: m.me/thaitradechennai
These websites can provide more information about doing business in Thailand:
- thaitrade.com - is an official Thailand B2B E-Marketplace established in 2011 by Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP), Ministry of Commerce (MOC) Thailand.
- Doing Business 2020 - Thailand - objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement in Thailand.
- Thailand Board of Investments - Thai government agency under the Office of the Prime Minister. Its core roles and responsibilities are to promote valuable investment, both investment into Thailand and Thai overseas investment.
- The Thai Chamber of Commerce
These websites can provide information about trade shows, exhibitions and other trade events in Thailand:
- Thai Trade Fair - an official website run in affiliation with the Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP) in the Thai Ministry of Commerce.
- Events Eye - a website that lists information on trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and business events worldwide.
- Trade Fair Dates - a website that lists information about trade fairs, expos etc held in Thailand and other countries.
Click here for information about featured upcoming trade shows in Thailand.